Thursday, August 18, 2011

crazy love

so. right now i am reading the book called "crazy love." before i write a section of it for all of you. i recommend this book to EVERYONE. seriously. ask any one who i talk to. a lot of you can attest that if i've talked to you in the last month. i've most likely mentioned this book. george can probably be the biggest advocate to this. haha. anywho. i read this section tonight. and it definitely is something that is on my heart so i wanted to share it with you.

SomeOne I Can Be Real With

If you merely pretend that you enjoy God or love Him, He knows. You can't fool Him; don't even try.

Instead, tell Him how you feel. Tell Him that He isn't the most important thing in this life to you, and that you're sorry for that. Tell Him that you've been lukewarm, that you've chosen (blank) over Him time and again. Tell Him that you want Him to change you, that you long to genuinely enjoy Him. Tell Him how you wan to experience true sanctification and pleasure and joy in your relationship with Him. Tell Him you want to love Him more than anything on this earth. Tell Him you want to treasure the kingdom of heaven so much that you'd willingly sell everything in order to get it. Tell Him what you like about Him, what you appreciate, and what brings you joy.

Jesus, I need to give myself up. I am not strong enough to love You and walk with You on my own. I can't do it, and I need You. I need You deeply and desperately. I believe You are worth it, that You are better than anything else I could have in this life or the next. I want You. And when I don't, I want to want You. Be all in me. Take all of me. Have your way with me.




Like I said, go and get this book and read it. It will be worth your time, I promise!


Remember God is LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment