Monday, May 24, 2010

do you have that person?

so i recently saw this video of this girl that said that she wishes she had someone in her life that when she says that she is "okay," someone would look her in the eye and say "no you're not, how are you really?" do you have someone like that in your life? i know that i for sure do. i didn't have that person though up until my sophomore year in college. i had people that "knew" me but they didn't really know me. this person took me by complete surprise. i mean, this person can read me like a book and that is quite literal. some days it frustrates the crap out of me because i'm not use to having someone in my life that knows me that well. and some days i just don't want to be read. i want to keep a mask on but i'm super blessed to have this person in my life. she has taught me so many things and has led by example countless of times. i not only look up to her but i have the utmost respect for her. she is constantly teaching me new things whether she knows it or not. we, of course, have our ups and downs, but in the long run those "downs" don't even matter. if anything, we grow from them. i can't really put into words how much this friendship means to me. it is the most real and Christ-centered friendship i have ever had and i thank my God everyday for it. I pray that you guys have a person in your life like this. it is a fulfilling feeling to know that you do. and if you do, don't let that friendship go and always remember to thank God for putting them into your life because you really are blessed. always remember, God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment